[RC] Little boys and riding. - vjhogen

My son is 5 yrs old and has started riding with me.  He is currently riding an older Arabian in a western pony saddle.  I have been searching the archives for info on children's saddles, but what I am looking for is a saddle that might be a little bit big right now, but he can grow into later.(Not 10 yrs later tho)  My preference would be something that has an adjustable tree.  I have an arab gelding that I currently ride, both arabs in our family are narrow.  The horse that I eventually see my son riding is our very large paint gelding. (Massive muscle, needs a sign on his Butt that says " wide load")  So I am wanting to ge t a saddle that will fit my son securely, comfortably, and fit any of our horses comfortably.  I ride a specialized saddle and am loving it.  I would just like some feed back on different saddle choices.  I would also like some advice on what little boys are comfortable riding in.  His dad acted like it was the most horrible thing in the world when I mentioned buying some riding tights.  So then my son said, "Mom, people will laugh at me"  I have been letting him wear his wranglers, and have noticed little rub marks on the inside of his knees.  I asked him where he got them and he said "I don't know"  So I am assuming it is from the denim.  So what are some of our up and coming jr. boys doing?  There isn't a large selection of boys breeches to be found either.  Any info would be much appreciated.

Vickie