[RC] LD Placing/Times and AHA - shaynesmith01

Not to add fuel to fire, but I do have a question maybe someone out there knows and understands?  Did the AERC (board members, etc) work with and approve the changes to the AHA competition rules for Endurance Ride Points Section 2107?  The changes allow LD placement for points towards Horse Achievement Awards and titles.  If this change was made in conjunction with AERC, I would think that the AERC would have "standardized" reporting on LD rides, meaning placement, times and BC.

Personally, I have been working in other disciplines as well as Endurance in order to qualify my gelding for at least a Legion of Honor title, hopefully more.  And if LD rides and points are counted, it greatly helps my cause.  It added almost 20 points to my geldings record.  We are mid to slow packers in a 50 mile ride, so earning that many points would take us awhile to do.

As a participant of LD rides (when I started my gelding, and after I had a baby - lack of time to properly condition for a 50) I am in favor of ride managers listing and reporting placements.

I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not the AERC board had a say in this?  or should this be a guideline to standardizing LD reporting?