RE: [RC] Okay you geniuses - David LeBlanc

Depends on what you're using for an e-mail reader. If you're using Outlook (full version - comes with Office, NOT Outlook Express), that's the way it is supposed to work. Here's why - if I send you some spam, I stick an image in there - maybe just a pixel wide - that corresponds to your e-mail address. When you open the mail and the image displays, the rotten spammer knows that your e-mail address is active, and they'll send you more. This is something known as a web beacon, and we (I work in the Office division at MS) try really hard to keep things like that from happening since we value your privacy.

If I'm right about what's happening, you should see a message in the box saying "Right-click here to download pictures."

If you're using some other mail reader, then I'm not sure what the problem might be. If you had some image processing software that previously handled image types, and then it got uninstalled, that might do it, too.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of SandyDSA@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 12:13 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Okay you geniuses

- question for you:for some reason my PC went awol two weeks ago and I FINALLY got it straightened out except for one minor detail - when I open an email that SHOULD have picture sin it - like when you get newsletters or emails from Gap or something, I see only frames and no graphics. Any ideas? Kind of frustrating.