Re: [RC] electric fence - Lysane Cree

I'm not really sure why the horses couldn't be tied to opposite sides of the trailer (??) I sometimes go to rides with a friend - the horses know each other and get along on trail, but I would never consider tieing them on the same side for the whole night. Much less room and gets crowded for us going back and forth and around the horses, brushing them, giving them hay, water, etc. They've never made a fuss and they sure do know when one of them is being lead away even if they can't see them. They don't freak out, but they certainly perk up and are listening.
Lysane
Stacy Baxter <baxterm13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK, I am one of those using electric fencing.  Let me explain why.  I have a two horse trailer, so hi-ties are not the best idea because the two horses would have to be on opposite sides of my (small) trailer.

I could tie them, but again, I would have to tie the horses on opposite sides or make the ties VERY short or they will get tangled.   I usually ride with a friend and her mare, and I really don't want to have our two horses THAT cozy.