Re: [RC] fencing - rides2far

A reason? Yeah, they are horses! Geeze, I wish I had horses as
perfect as some of ya'll do!

Anybody who knows me knows I am definately low in the "perfectly trained
horse" rankings. I just rank high in the "Paranoid owner who takes no
chances" standings. For instance, you said your horse jumped the fence to
come with you when you went riding. When I take 2 riding, I always lock
the last one in the barn...not that he's ever threatened to do
anything...it's just I am a rediculously paranoid person who takes no
chances.  You said they get in trouble fighting over the fence.  I just
talked my neighbor out of boarding a guy's young stallion because I could
imagine it getting loose and coming up to fight mine through the fence. I
didn't say I insist my horse behave at the ride when the neighbor took
their horses for a walk. I crawled out of bed, grabbed my boots and
followed them!

Yes, I have had one jump a 4'6" fence, it was when the neighbor stacked
4x6' sheets of white styrofoam insulation next to my field and they blew
over the fence in a wind storm (I hadn't seen that they were there or I'd
have seen that coming too). You can't cover all the bases, but sometimes
you look around camp and see stuff and it's *really* easy to predict
what's going to happen soon. There's things people could do to prevent it
but they're not doing it. I've never gotten mad at someone whose horses
got loose when they'd done everything sensible to do. I just get
irritated when I catch loose horses and everyone recognizes them because
it's the same ones that were out at the last two rides they went to.

Angie