Re: [RC] Horrible accident - why? - Sisu West Ranch

While I have no information about liability in this specific instance, there are differences between states.  As soon as you cross the border between SD and MT on the interstate you will notice that the interstate freeway has cattle guards on the entrances.  MT is a "fence em out " state.  In general if you do not want your neighbor's livestock on your place you have to put up and maintain the fence.

I'm sure there is specific case law limiting things etc. but the bottom line is it does matter where you live.

Ed

PS.  In MN you in general are liable if your livestock goes running around.

Disclaimer:  If you need legal advice, call a lawyer licensed in your state, don't listen to me.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640