[RC] fencing - oddfarm

I have had horses go through the electric fence, one tear down and get out of a metal round pen, (killer plastic bag was in with horse) one go through the Carrie-lite fence not once but twice within hours, (the first time was my fault) one flew over a permanent four foot chain link fence and one went over a 6 foot solid wooden fence, and not so gracefully I might add. I have had a horse break free from the trailer more than once, (halters and lines break) and have seen that happen more than once at rides. My little Odd Todd even went under a wooden fence to get with his buddy.

I have found that if they touch the electric fence with a wet lip, they avoid touching the fence at all for the remainder of the weekend. However, that doesn't mean someone else's horse won't take out your fence.

They are big strong animals and fear takes over all other senses. We all do what we can, with what we know, and that is all we can do. It is every one's worse nightmare to have a horse get loose, but it happens. That was a hard lesson to learn but it can happen to anyone, experienced or not. The guilt would be just as heavy.

Lisa Salas, The odd fArm
we can't even keep the dang dogs in a fence!