[RC] Are the LD's feeding 50's? - appleg8

Very interesting Truman.

The conclusion to me as you probably already know is that AERC needs to get themselves updated and revise the LD rules and standardize these rules for EVERY region.

If one reads the LD rules they are conflicting at best confusing and contradictory at worst.

I have just tried with four letters to AERC and four times they have refused to answer my questions as to WHY some ride managers in some regions do not furnish the finish times for each rider...or make up their own finish times for riders.

I don't want to hear on this forum by the ride managers please, as to YOUR thinking that you don't care to list this so it doesn't become a "race" this is the problem. It shouldn't be up to the Ride Managers to made their call on it.

AERC needs to made this decision for every region. Riders in any distance want to know what their finish time is, LD riders want to be recognized for their accomplishment and it doesn't mean the top ten either. I find it an insult if I choose to do an LD and I am not even thanked for my participation, If I cannot go back on the AERC board to see what this particular horse finished his time in. Whether we came in last place or middle of the pack or top ten. I use these times for my personal training tool.

You as ride managers are never going to do away with those riders that are out to "race" to finish in any distance so get over your self proclaimed selves. Let AERC rewrite these LD rules and stick with them.

I want to do more multi day rides and having a choice for an LD is of importance to me for just the reasons Truman said in the report. I have two new horses coming into the sport next year. I don't know that I will start them out in fifties right away. Both of them are breeding studs and I just don't know if the brain will be ready for it. So I can take my distance horse and do a fifty and take one of the newbie horses for the experience and LD to get him started out slow. I am working on this and will just have to see where they are in their minds come next season. Thank goodness I have the LD as an option.

*I* feel and I know I am not alone that to snub the LD riders at any event is going to cost that ride manager come the next year. I would like to see the RM put on a ride without the revenue of the LD riders. And to go to the board of AERC and see only "completed or finished" is a bitter disappointment. I want to see my time and placement. I don't care that I came in last. Why is it that these ride managers feel it is fine and dandy to not post the ride times for the LD riders or worse yet put down that every rider took 4 hours to complete? That downright sucks in my opinion. If you wouldn't dream of doing that for the longer distances, what makes you feel it is ok to do that to the LD riders that spent as much money to come to your ride as anyone else?...Again, this should not be the call of RM. It should be an AERC steadfast rule.

In reading the AERC rules on this it plainly is not clear as to what RM need to do as far as posting finish ride times for LD riders. I would bet most LD riders don't even know this little tid bit. Look it up.

When AERC sanctioned LD as more than training rides then it was their responsibility to get them recognized as endurance riders. Rules to be set solid for each region and not up to Ride Managers to bend those rules for their personal opinions.

I mean listen up AERC BOD....how many dang times does RC have to have this stupid discussion concerning LD vs Distance? to a lot of riders as Truman's report just showed...LD is endurance. To 100 milers 50 miles isn't endurance. So where do you drawn the conclusion?

Thankfully here in the NW region our wonderful RM recognize LD as a great entry to this sport. They treat them with utmost respect, award them justly and never have I seen a rider in LD snubbed or not given a finish time to AERC.

I hope everyone takes the ten minutes to read this report, especially the BOD and make some serious rule revisions in the LD section.

Thank you for posting this information Truman.
amber
g8nfool
www.applegaitnendurancehorses.com