Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 2:46 PM
Subject: [RC] US/Canada border crossing - another question

Ok, I found the right forms for the health inspection (and finally so did my vet) and we got the health inspection today.  Now the vet found out that the inspection has to be endorsed by the federal veterinarian in our state ? in person!

That does seem to be a little bit nuts, but now I have to drive all the way to Denver ? a 5-6 hour round trip.  Geez, what if I lived on the other side of the state, this could have been a 16-20 hour round trip!

Can anyone verify if this really is or is maybe not a necessity?  Obviously I don?t want to take any risks and get the owner of the horse stuck at the border, but this does seem a little nuts to me.

Since I am kind of stuck here at the ranch and have riding lessons throughout the day tomorrow, my husband is planning on taking a vacation day to do this and I?d sure love to save him the hassle.

Thanks!

Marlene

Marlene Moss

Saddle Fitting - www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com