[RC] [RC] 10,000 Mile Pony - Erica DeVoti

 Not only is this a rare and significant accomplishment, it also speaks to the fact there is no perfect horse (or rider)--it is about commitment and priorities.  The temptation is to seek the horse that is perfect in *every*way (and as horses are frail so are humans--we are lucky they cannot choose us as we choose them) but it is commitment that endures. Congratulations Mr.Remington and Mr. Parke!

Erica DeVoti
Colorado

 J. Parke writes: "Sometimes I am still asked why I don't get an Arabian horse or a larger horse or a faster horse or a horse better suited for endurance riding, but these questions all miss the point.  Remington was my first horse ever.  He takes care of me and I not only tolerate but not so secretly enjoy his exceedingly wilful ways.  We were made for each other.  I'm proud of my pony."

B.Weary writes: "I have only known John for the last couple of years, and serve with him on the Horse Welfare Committee. I have seen him with Remington several times, ridden along side them a few times, and felt them breathing down my neck on the trail more than once. Though their relationship is sometimes strained, it is indeed committed."