[RC] Storm Clean-up Thank yous! - Faustina Duffy

Well, I certainly SHOULD have gotten this typed sooner, but I haven't been inside much 'til today (Today it's COLD out there and gloomy!).  I have to say a HUGE thank you to Bonnie Yoho for bringing supplies and helping with fencing and moving horse to a new pasture.  And another HUGE thank you to the Heutteman's, Bill & Donna for all the hard work they put in at the place this last weekend!

It is AMAZING what can get done when several determined folk get together!  This weekend my sister, Glenda and her 2 kids drove up from Montgomery, AL, the Heutteman's from Searcy, and the Kirby's from Paragould.  And my hubby, Matt, got to take a 4 day weekend from the Army (he's currently stationed at Ft. Polk, LA).  We also drafted the neighbors here (Penny and Barney are an incredible pair!)  WOW!  The barn that had collapsed is almost completely disassembled and sorted into what's reusable and what's scrap and a LOT of the stuff that was in there has been rescued.  The open topped shop has stringers run between the trusses again and is covered in tarps.  I have all 4 of the weanlings in pens (2 per pen to keep each other company) and they're learning to be "Grown-up Horses" as my son, Stevie, says.

Even with only one good hand, Bill can keep working with the best-watching him made me tired (I started drinking <wink!>).  And Donna and my sister Glenda are just about the funniest AND fastest working pair with crowbars that I've ever seen (guess it just pays to tie in to Glenda's nature for destruction, huh?).  And Glenda's son, Tyler was AWESOME at keeping Stevie occupied and happy while we all slaved away (Stevie wants to be JUST like his cousin Tyler!).  Dad was on the backhoe to move the big timbers from the barn, and then he and Bill uprighted my old stock trailer, too!  (And Tuesday we got the silver one back on its wheels, too!).

Anyway, thanks again, over and over, to all of you who helped!  I'll feed you guys any time!  (I did hear Dad confess that he should have listened to Bill on when the ribs were done...but we now have power at the shop again so he won't have to grill by candlelight).

By the way, Bill-did I ever warn you that Glenda is a bad influence?  How's Donna's belly feeling?

Hope this isn't too confused-I'm on NYQUIL now!