[RC] Equine cohabiation with Fowl - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

The Dryland/Pigion Fever thread reminded me that I've been meaning to post and ask how many of you, if any, have chickens/geese/ducks on your property with your horses? One of the things I've asked Davis is if I should be worried that my horses have picked up any parasites, etc. from eating hay remnants off the ground since my chickens and geese are free-range and roam my entire property. The geese went to live with someone else this weekend so that's a lot less mess, but I still have a half a dozen chickens roaming the place. They're very good at scratching the manure piles into nothing and picking out stuff and I don't have any bugs anywhere. But I am wondering about it.

Jackie