[RC] Plural of Y'all - tichenor06

For us here in Alabama, and maybe elsewhere here in da south the plural of y'all is y'all'z.

For instance:

To one person (no more than 2 people, hey even to 1 person it is "correct") you would say:

Y'all coming over to the BBQ after the ride?

To several people (can be 1, 2, 3, or more) you would say:

Y'all'z coming over to the BBQ after the ride?

Kinda like saying you-all-is.

Hey improper words and grammar that is for sure, but that HEY makes it fun to say, ain't that what slang is all about?  And there ain't nutten wrong wit it eedder.

Hey have fun with it!  Cracks me up when I hear some very slang stuff coming outta folks mouth.  But you know, you can really get into it talking southern (if you HAVE the accent), and nobody will look at you any wrong for saying stuff.

I just can't imagine what Beth G thinks of my voice when I talk with her on the phone.  Thanks for not giggling Beth!  Hey she is southern, well southern CA.

Laura T
Alabama