[RC] Horses and Marriage - Mickey Womack

On the subject of horses and marriage................

I rode horses all the time growing up and always dreamed of having my own horse.  Of course, life gets in the way and throughout college and getting a full time job my dream slowly got hidden behind "life".

My husband and I met and the 'horse' subject never came up.............buried too deep in my heart at that time.

About eight years into our marriage my husband went to a business conference and it happened to be at a Dude ranch.  The conference attendees got to go on a horse ride - one of those nose to nose walking adventures (tee hee hee).  He called me that night (Thursday) to tell me he really enjoyed being around the horses and we should think about going horseback riding some time.

Immediately the dream surged back to the surface and Friday morning I called everywhere trying to get lessons set-up.  When I picked him up at the airport Friday night I summarily explained that "it was all his fault" and we would be starting riding lessons in the morning (tee hee hee).

We haven't stopped since, and now all of our free time and vacation is centered around horses.

I guess I have to keep him now (tee hee hee).

Mickey
Carrollton, Texas
Keep true to the dreams of thy youth.
Friedrich von Schiller