Re: [RC] long-beds V. short-beds and goosenecks - Mary Ann Spencer

Thanks for this info.  However, is it possible your suspension is now a bit lower?  I have noticed this with my 4x4 which is 6 yrs old.  Had the bumper hitch placed on the hitch so it was lower but now my bumper is lower and I will need to redo it so it is higher as my trailer is now nose down instead of being nose up.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] long-beds V. short-beds and goosenecks

It really depends upon the shape of the gooseneck and where the hitch stuff is mounted.

Our first gooseneck had plenty of room to walk under the trailer and we could hitch with the tailgate down.  Same thing with our current gooseneck flatbed.  But our current horse trailer, an Exiss, does not have the same amount of room.  We have to open or close the tailgate in the middle of connecting/disconnecting and there really isn’t enough room to walk comfortably under the gooseneck even with the tailgate up, especially if the truck is at a bit of an angle.

We had the same truck/hitch with both trailers, so there really can be that much difference in the shape/setup of the gooseneck.

Marlene

Marlene Moss

Saddle Fitting - www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com

Boarding/Training - www.LosPinos-CO.com