Re: [RC] does this seem fair to anyone???? - Maryanne Gabbani

Hmmm. This is only the 2nd to get nailed.? Just look at the income statement from the FEI (they get their income from a percentage of the prize money offered at any event) and think about just WHO is arranging all that prize money in endurance and you have a major no-brainer.? (Here goes my chance at a visa to Dubai again! LOL).

Six years ago when the UAE were just starting out to try to dominate FEI endurance and they still needed photogenic venues for their races, they used our pyramids and desert.? Very, very photogenic but they ran into some problems PR-wise because there were a number of people watching the whole parade and pointing out minor and not so minor problems.? The UAE built their own tracks on their own turf where they could duke it out among the cousins with impunity because they own the entire situation. They don't ride in Egypt anymore.?

The Maktoum stable is a phenomenally well equipped place. Fantastic vets paid very, very good money to do whatever is needed to win. The most amazing and up to date breeding and training equipment and regimes. They are doing some pretty astounding stuff...and some pretty scary stuff too, but you know what they say about absolute power.? Anyone who is using one of their horses should be very, very careful.?

I find it interesting that they are actually slapping wrists...and believe me, the fine involved is barely a tap...so this is probably just for? show.

Cynically as ever,

Maryanne
Giza