Re: [RC] Truck campers - Karla Watson

> I would love to hear from people using truck campers for
> endurance.

Oh gosh, how I LOVE my camper. Got a '96 Lance Light 8.5 that is very lightweight and had only been used 3 times by its previous owner. It was like brand new at about half the cost. It has HEAT and a frig, bathroom, shower---all the amenties. I can't tell you how great that will feel like after sleeping in a tent. Like the Taj Mahal!! Ooooh, to wake up to a warm camper on a cold morning. You can leave all your stuff in there and be packing the week before a ride. Its no big deal to drive it and the trailer behind. You will get used to it and eventually learn how to back both up using your mirrors. Don't get anything over 8 or 8.5' or you'll have to change your hitch with an extender and such. That gets a bit involved and SO much easier to just stay shorter. And you can use the camper for camping trips or if you just go to a ride to volunteer. You won't have to haul that whole LQ for that. We used our camper a few times this summer on camping trips without the horses. (Amazing that you can camp without horses!) Check on craigslist or ebay or your local newspaper for a used camper for a great bargain. This is a good time to pick one up as people are selling them quite a bit in the Fall.
--------------Karla Watson/Oregon