[RC] conformational nightmare - sandy . l . holder

When I got Tally he paddled in the rear and dished out in the front (ultimately whacking himself on both front and hind).  This is not a 'pro vs. against' with/without shoes, just my personal experience.  My farrier using various types of shoes including aluminum and steel as well as composites, wedges, etc. has, over a 3 1/2 year period, 'fixed' both problems.  It was time consuming and expensive but well worth it as he tracks straight now without interfering.  Originally he also had compressed heals and his toes on front grew longer/faster than his heals.  Did I mention he was pretty well starved when I got him?

He's also kind of unusual I think in his stride.  His hind hoof steps a full hoof size and sometimes more ahead of the print left from his front hoof (on the same side), again without interfering.  My point is, you can find something workable if you're able to find someone (farrier or other knowledgeable source) that has a proven track record to help you figure this out.  Although I've never tried barefoot (I haven't ruled it out) I did find working with a good farrier helped me fix a really hug issue.  Where do you live?

Good luck!
Sandy
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.