Re: [RC] [R.C.] hi-ties - Dixie

Thanks Diane, I was looking at mooring whips, after I read what hi-ties are made of..solid fiberglass, it got me looking elsewhere...a pair of them 6 or 8' long can be bought for under $200 and that is a complete kit, mounting and all.  The only thing I see we'd have to do something about is the length and or the inability to swing them flat against the trailer when not in use.  Anybody else looked into this possible alternative? They are rated for at least 2500# each. The boat show is in town for the next 2 weekends and I may get a friend to go along and take a closer look.
Dixie