[RC] Lynne is right - Don Huston

Hi Lynne,
I think you are right that Hal is one of the "good guys" but does that remove his responsibility for putting Fred into that last career ending race? Hal's horses' have longevity because he rides them within their limits and he probably assumed Mack did too which was a big mistake. I can only imagine the sick feeling Hal had as he watched Fred crash after riding him just that one 50 but he had no way of knowing Fred's true condition and should have erred on the side of caution. There might be a lesson in there somewhere.

You are also right that I'm not a racer. I do admire the "hot shoes" and congratulate them on riding fast while maintaining a sound horse. I know "stuff happens" and it happens to me sometimes and I am responsible to personally take care of my horse and I've helped others take care of theirs and have learned a lot in the process.

So what is this axe I am grinding? Well I think Mack took all the credit for winning then gave Fred a raw deal and got him badly hurt because he decided not to be responsible for his care after such a remarkable campaign.
Don Huston