[RC] VARRRROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM - tracey smith

The Varrrrroooommm technique got my 8 yr old "non-riding" stepson to decide trail riding was pretty fun after all.  He came on a ride with me back in the fall and as he's still a very novice rider did not want to trot AT ALL...until we hit one section of trail that I told him his older sister and I called the "zoom zoom" trail (after the mazda commercial....shamelessly stolen).

He asked what that meant and I said "well, I have to trot to show you...you game?" and he agreed to try for a minute.  So, I picked up a trot and started up with the varrrooom and assorted noises that would make a NASCAR fan proud...looked back and the kid was grinning from ear to ear and yelling "GO FASTER"!!!

Tracey (whose not ashamed to go varrrrrooommm....EVEN when riding all by myself)