[RC] posible first ride - Sacred Wind Arabians

Hello group,
I have been interested in  endurance for several years now and Im not geting any younger. This year I decided to pick a ride and work for it. There is a ride at Hillsdale Lake here in Kansas on April 8th.however the LD is 30 miles instead of 25. Is this a realistic goal? Or am I kidding myself. I have a 9 yr old arabian gelding and we have not been doing a lot of riding for the past couple months but we get about 10-15 miles a week in 2-3 rides. I do not want to over work or ask to much of him but would this ride be posible? How much should I be riding a week to prepare?

Thanks Kimberly

Kimberly,

Sacred Wind Arabians
SE Arabians And Miniature Horses