[RC] first 50 ride - smuncy

 Good luck with your  50.  If you can do decent paced 25, without problem(s) - you should be able to do ' decent paced' or slower 50. Do not get caught up with 'front runners' , and ride your "own ride" -   your pace, do  procedures  as you did for 25. But since is 2x the distance -you may want to let horse take a few more walking breaks, generally the trail will dictate that for you; ( at least it  does here in  the east - can you say : rocks / climbs/ 'picking your way' ); and use other gaits - to use different muscle groups, and try to avoid fatigue, for both you and your horse.
  About saddle, a 'coin toss', but since you have done training 'type rides' with it,  and  horses'  back seems ok. fit is ok. I would switch to it - the Big Horn. If as others said,  ? you  do not think your discomfort will  cause you to 'compensate'  way you ride; and it may.??  Toss is -  Would almost bet that after 50, if Abetta causing problem with ? pressure, - causing white hairs, dry spots, may find, either have soreness, or 'scald marks' after 50 miles / or  lameness issue - if not day of ride, then next day or two will show up - that is what I found happened,  and  had no previous  'soreness',  nothing apparent, no dry spots, etc, - my horse was white to start with. But after a good many miles using Abetta;  he developed  skin problems, 'scalded' and sore - showed up on multiday ride.   Other side of coin?  if you have to 'compensate' for hip pain from saddle - and  end up riding - "funny, crooked"  then that  may cause your horse a 'soreness', or 'lameness'.?
For you - as already said - check stirrup length,  your position mounted - have someone on ground look at you mounted - make sure you are 'level', hip/ shoulder not dropping to one side, measure stirrup straps/ fenders ( sometimes one is 1/2" or  longer than other and really can't tell by looking at it) otherwise, may just be difference in tree/ twist of saddle - in which, you will probably get used to,  - in mean time, adjust stirrups, as needed, you may need one a little shorter than other, and take Advil, etc.  If really think 'hip pain' will be issue for your riding, and if changing saddle does not affect your weight class, then change saddles/ pads  half way through ride..( Just a suggestion,  do not stop your 'moving around', except briefly, til after  the ride - I only say cause if  I stopped moving before ride over, horse taken care of,etc. - I sometimes get so 'creaky', I can  hardly move - (but I have 'back issues'). as long as I was 'moving'  I was ok That and mind over matter, -  my horse is 'ok', my aches/ pains don't matter). GL, StephanieM