Re: [RC] [RC] Best GPS? - April

Hi, Sharon,

I use a Forerunner 301 as do several other endurance riders (both that I know and don't know).

Last February, I wrote a review of the F301 ( http://tinyurl.com/55g5c). Mostly comparing it to the F201. I haven't updated it in awhile, but it's still good info. I don't ride without my F301 now. I bought the hrm adapter kit from Roger Rittenhouse ( http://www.vmaxept.com) and have been very happy with the entire unit.

If you are going to be riding in heavy tree cover you may want to wait to see how the new Forerunner 305 units pan out. They're pricey at $350, but they promise a good satellite receiver upgrade. They will be released next month.

For orientation, I find that the map screen on the F301 is sufficient when I am out riding. I mark my truck and/or ridecamp and can always navigate back to it if need-be.

Feel free to contact me with any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Happy Hunting,
April
Nashville, TN
www.tracetribute.com