[RC] Question - Easyboot Epics - Lysane Cree

This past weekend I finally was able to try out my mare's hind boots - I broke a stud while installing them, had no extra ones, so had to order more and wait while they were on back order...anyway, it was the first time I rode my mare with the Epics (with studs) all around. It was a little tricky getting all the studs even, seems they don't always end up at the exact same spot when you are tightening them (??) Any one have any tips?
Also, when I pulled my mares hind boots off, I noticed that the heel strap had made an imprint of itself across the back of my mare's hind hooves at the heel bulbs. I never saw this happen on the front. The boots went on fine (not too easily, but not with too much trouble either), but I could only pass the wire at the second/middle notch and had to force quite a bit to get the buckle down. On the front hooves I can pass the wire at the top notch. I'm wondering if the marks on the back edge of her hooves and heel bulbs were caused by an overtight boot? Maybe I should be putting it on the bottom notch? I was worried about leaving the cable too loose, but maybe they were too tight...

Lysane