  From:
Marinera@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 3:21 PM
  Subject: [RC] Olympic Oath

  Dear Ridecampers.  I don't think I phrased my last message to ridecamp =
properly.   My interpretation  from  the article is that Bode feels we =
have strayed from the Olympic oath, which he subscribes to as do almost =
all endurance riders=E2=80=94the parallel I made with endurance riders. =
He does not agree that you are loser if you do not get the gold, but =
feels that is the direction the Olympics have gone. His quote "That's =
not me. The Olympics are just not a pure thing anymore." That is why we =
must be vigorous in protecting our "To Finish Is To Win" philosophy, >which I hold dear.  I promise to keep quiet now- for a long time.  Julie