[RC] Cold Springs 100 October 28, West Region - Dream Weaver

If you are planning on attending this ride, please let us know.  You can submit an entry to:  entry@xxxxxxxxxxx or thru the website at:  http://sunriseranchrides.com/ColdSprings100.html

Here are photos of the trail from the 2003 and 2004 Cold Springs ride to give you an idea of what the trail is like.  We are doing our best to make this a good first 100.  We are even going to use glow-sticks! (this is a Duck ride, afterall).   ;-)

http://xprides.com/ColdSpringsPhotos.html  and  http://sports.webshots.com/album/154365339ZGxCOt

We currently do not have enough entries to make it worth holding the ride.  Please let others know that it's very important for them to let us know if they plan on attending.  The distances are 50/75/100 and it is an elevator ride.  Entry fee for all distances is $100.00.  As a bonus, if you wish you can pay $135 and if you complete the 100 you'll receive an embroidered jacket with your name and your horses name on it for a completion award (and since it's a Duck ride, you pay after you ride, so you won't have to pay the extra $35 unless you complete and actually want the jacket).

Basecamp is at Cold Springs Station, an original Pony Express Station.  Those of you who did the 2001 and 2004 XP's stayed there one night.  Or if you did the Cold Springs 5 day rides in 2003 and 2004.  The camp is an actual RV park.  Since 2004 they have added some hotel rooms.  There are RV hookups, and a restaurant there.  It's on Highway 50, East of Fallon, a bit past Middlegate (and the boot tree, for those that know your landmarks)

If you can't ride for whatever reason and are available to help volunteer please let me know!

Karen