Re: [RC] Mohair reins? - Barbara McCrary

I agree...mohair should be soft, horsehair is stiff and scratchy.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 4:08 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] Mohair reins?

I hope you're right, I always think of mohair as soft.  We had some bosal reins in the tack store where I work that were black and white round braid, and very scratchy. The tag that came with them said "mohair", but I suppose they could have been mislabeled at the company they were ordered from.

Bonnie Peralez <mtnrondi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don?t think the bosal reins are mohair? they are horsehair and they are scratchy. Mohair, like the mohair girths, is soft.

Bonnie