Re: [RC] Oleanders ... I almost forgot! - Chris Paus

I'm so glad this issue is getting resolved for you Jackie!

chris

"TypeF (Jackie Floyd)" <typef@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A week ago last Sunday I worked the poisonous value of the Oleanders into a nonchalant conversation with my neighbor and much to my husband's total surprise, he went home and did some research and last Thurs. eve. he pulled them all out along the horse corral. He left all the ones along our back and front yards, but at least it's a start. He drew up blueprints for a new metal wall (he's a wine tank builder) and is going to put the whole thing up and said he had all the parts and the only thing we'd have to pay for was our side of the siding. Now all I have to worry about is the one corner of the corral that's in direct contact with possible leaves blowing that way. I'll probably put up screen there or something.

Interesting note that his dog is in a pen next to the Oleanders with a kiddie wading pool for water and after pulling out the Oleanders the dog started throwing up. Of course, after having done all their reading, they realized it could be from the dirty water that had leaves in it that might be doing it. The dog seems fine now. Probably wasn't even the Oleanders, but it really got their attention.

Jackie

Chris Paus

Do you Yahoo!?