Re: [RC] ROC - 1984 (for Angie)/Trail Blazer ad - Maryanne Gabbani

They are advertising for staff at Trail Blazer and it's a job you can do from home. This was posted on another list:

Trail Blazer Magazine,
"28 years as the equestrian lifestyle magazine celebrating the spirit of
the trail rider"

Trail Blazer is welcoming applications for the position of Associate
Editor.   The Associate Editor will report to Susan Gibson, the
Publisher and Executive Editor, and involves the following requirements:

w The applicant for the Associate Editor must have a background in journalism and a keen interest and experience with the equestrian trail riding market and show good management skills.

w   This position will require approximately  25 hours a week (which can
expand) and it is an option for you to work from your current location
(relocation not required)

w   This Associate Editor must meet professional standards for creative,
research and consumer based writing projects.

w   This Associate Editor will assist in developing and assigning
stories for the magazine to freelance and in-house writers, and managing
their efforts and production.

w   This Associate Editor will assist in adding to the content of the
magazine when needed to provide feature and supporting side-bar articles
for existing articles.

w   This Associate Editor will assist in editing and fact checking all
magazine stories and involved in research for articles.

w   This Associate Editor will assist in working with photo and design
department to select photos and supporting graphics for the magazine.

w   This Associate Editor will assist in gathering and processing
monthly news brief items that will relate to trail riding on a local,
regional and national level.

w   This Associate Editor will assist in managing existing columnists on
deadlines and submissions.

w   Applicant must have own computer and high-speed internet, and be
competent in using Microsoft Word, Filemaker Pro, the use of ftp and
high-tech publishing software (knowledge of Pagemaker or InDesign is a
plus)
Interested applicants should  send a cover letter, resume, your salary
history,
at least three writing samples:

Susan Gibson. Publisher
TRAIL BLAZER MAGAZINE