[RC] Virginia City 100 - Melody Wong

Thanks to RM Connie Creech and all the NASTR members and friends who helped put on this great ride.

We had an awesome ride and met a lot of great new people in the West and North West Regions.

The weather was perfect (man! the wind stopped and it was the perfect temperature) and the trails were…. very challenging.  Pads or something similar – highly recommended.  There was ample water and hay stops in between vet checks (key for a 100 miler). Most of the vet checks were back at camp so we were able to complete the ride without a crew.

I think it is one of the “must do” rides.  We drove 10 hours (including rest stops for the horses) to get there.  Well worth it.

The town of Virginia City is historical too…..just a short walk to see a bit of old west memorabilia.

Next year is the Ride’s 40th anniversary.  Put it on your calendar.

Thank you NASTR!

Melody Wong