Re: [RC] crupper training - Carolyn Burgess

If you get an OTT Standardbred, they have already been trained to wear crupper, no breaking in time :-o

Jody Rogers-Buttram <dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have found that the easiest way to crupper train the difficult horse, is to put a training surcingle on them, and connect it to the surcingle.  I have done this and let them wear in the stall while they were eating a meal.  They can't really do much in a 12 x 12 box stall in the way of hurting themselves, and you can have the chicken way out and not have to ride them while they learn. :))   Once they get used to that, lunge them with it.  They should be ready to hit the trail after only a few times.

Jody

Marlene Moss <Marlene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here?s some notes I jotted down a few years ago after training one horse that was quite difficult and another that we did in the middle of a ride halfway down a mountain!  http://www.kineticequineanalysis.com/kea/view_product.asp?category_ID=57&prod_ID=194
Marlene

Marlene Moss
Boarding/Training - www.LosPinos-CO.com