Re: [RC] Newbie conditioning question - Barbara McCrary

Are you riding alone?  Sometimes horses ACT tired when in reality they are just not interested in moving forward.  Some of the best horses in competition are uninspired around home when out on trails alone.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:41 AM
Subject: [RC] Newbie conditioning question

Now that I have a saddle that fits my horse, I am going to start conditioning for our debut in the spring.  But, I've only been doing 5-7 mile rides, mostly walking, some trotting.  My horse acts dead tired at the 5 mile mark.  Do I need to continue these short rides untill she doesn't act tired before bumping her up to 8 or 10 miles?  She is 6yo BTW, and only under saddle for the past 6 months.

Susan in NV

Happy High Desert Trails

Susan in NV
Nevermore Ranch http://users.oasisol.com/nevermore/