[RC] Newbie conditioning question - susan cooper

Now that I have a saddle that fits my horse, I am going to start conditioning for our debut in the spring.  But, I've only been doing 5-7 mile rides, mostly walking, some trotting.  My horse acts dead tired at the 5 mile mark.  Do I need to continue these short rides untill she doesn't act tired before bumping her up to 8 or 10 miles?  She is 6yo BTW, and only under saddle for the past 6 months.

Susan in NV

Happy High Desert Trails

Susan in NV
Nevermore Ranch http://users.oasisol.com/nevermore/