[RC] My experience with a Specialized saddle - Kristi Schaaf

I have a horse that has been a saddling nighmare. For
reasons unknown, every saddle I've put on him has slid
up his neck. I first used my tried and true sport
saddle. No good - slid up his neck at the trot and
canter. HHMM......listened to some 'good' advice and
hauled him to a respected custom saddle maker that
supposedly understands equine biomechanics. Waited for
months for the saddle, only to find that it slid
forward worse than the treeless, AND the saddle maker
bailed on me and wouldn't give me any help or advice.
I tried another type of treeless - no better. Then I
tried several types of flexible panel saddles and had
the same problem. I literally rode this horse bareback
for months because it was the least dangerous way to
ride! It's quite scary to be trotting or cantering
along and all of a sudden notice that the wither part
of the breastcollar has disappeared under the saddle
as it makes its journey forward. I then got wind of
Specialized Saddles and figured what the heck, I'd
demo one. There were some glitches in the demo
process, and in the ordering process (I think that
possibly Dave is/was a bit overwhelmed with orders?),
but it was well worth dealing with the issues
because......I just got my saddle two weeks ago and
days after receiving it took my horse and saddle to
the mountains on vacation. I rode down steep hills, I
trotted and I cantered, and that saddle didn't budge
more than an inch or two and my horse (and I) both are
really comfortable in it. Just my experience.....
Kristi iluvdez at yahoo dot com

Life's a journey, so enjoy the ride (and try not to fall off)

http://mail.yahoo.com