RE: [RC] Point well taken! - Kearby Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/OM

That's fine here's my news of the weekend:

   Kate Kearby rode Don Rubley's SA Scirocco+/ in the Region 9 CTR 2 day 50 mile event and he placed top 5 at 24 years old.  Don Rubley also rode his Sundance Khid from the Tolar Oaks Arabian Farm to a top 5 award.  The 2 outstanding Arabian geldings actually tied score at 192 out of a possible 200.  While Old Roc is a pro at this being his 7th AHA Region 9 ride where he has been Champion twice, Reserve three times and holds another top 5. This was only Khid's  2nd  CTR just starting his career at 10 years old.  We are extremely proud of these 2 boys doing so well in tough terrain and humid conditions.  They placed 3rd and 4th in the NATRC open division of the ride where trail ability obstacles are also observed with only ½ a point separating them.

From: D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson [mailto:liberty4640@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 12:43 PM
To: John Teeter; heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Kearby Kate G Civ 748 CBSG/OM
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Point well taken!

Okay, back to endurance type stuff.  The mare that I am training to get ready for her first endurance ride had a GREAT workout over the weekend.  She actually decided that the dog barking at her, behind the fence, was not a threat.  For the first time she actually stayed the course and just ignored him.  That was major challenge.  Now, if we can just get over the storm drains going under all of the roads!  LOL!

D'Arcy Lynne

"A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.  One that holds your heart in their hands as if it were glass!"