Re: [RC] vent and question on leash/bag - Don Huston

Hello Marta,
I have a sponge, bag and leash but use it differently. The bag I bought had a narrow tab sewn on it with a scissorclip attached to it. I did not want any metal on the bag so I removed the clip and attached it to the first ring on the right side of the breastcollar with a short piece of leather lace. The scissorclip will go into the tab and hold the bag up on the horse's shoulder. The bag has a drawstring that closes it to keep the sponge in. I loosened that drawstring to make a 1.5"-2" dia opening and knotted it so it will not tighten anymore. I shortened the leash to 48" and tied it to the side of the drawstring. I do not use gloves so you might have to alter this next part. I tied a 2" loop in the free end of the leash that fits loosely over my middle finger. To store the sponge I stuff the leash into the hole on the bag leaving the finger loop last near the top of the hole (but not sticking out) then put the scissorclip thru the tab. At vet checks I can unclip and sponge my horse without any metal or leash in the way. From the saddle I unclip, pull out the leash, put the loop over my finger, drop the sponge like a yo-yo (bending way down if I have to) into the water, pop it up, catch it and sponge the horse. Works great, just make sure the finger loop is loose enough to slip off easily. Hope this helps. ;-)
Don Huston