[RC] ot horse slaughter - oddfarm

First of all, the bill only bans horse slaughter for meat consumption. Only healthy horses and foals are used for that. The sick, injured or dying horse may still be put down "humanly" just not in a rendering plant. I thought I read somewhere that is also prohibited the transportation of horses for human consumption meaning they wouldn't be shipped anywhere. Not Canada, not Mexico, not anywhere.

Secondly, how in the hell were people convinced that not slaughtering for any reason is valid, but people can't be convinced to stop breeding??? Ah-hah! There is the root of the problem. Too many horses, not enough owners. So supply and demand for horse flesh is high. The world demanded and we supplied. Why? Because we have a surplus. Why? Because we haven't been responsible horse owners.

Even our own government known as the BLM does a crappy job of being a responsible entity for horse management!!

So then we ask to government to intervene. Why? I don't have a clue. Now what?

I sure ain't eating horses, but I can't take any more in, either.

Lisa Salas, The Odd farm