[RC] Shagya Information - K Voyer

Shagya horse are proving themselves as International level endurance competitors.  They are accomplishing this great feat in spite of their relatively small numbers worldwide, numbering somewhere around 2,000.  Contributing to their success is the fact that they are intelligent, tough, sane and honest.

Shagyas have proven themselves in endurance, over the years, and again very recently .  For example  HUNGARES is a Shagya Arabian gelding who was bred at the Babolna State Stud in Hungary.  He won the Gold Medal at 2006 WEG Endurance Championships at Aachen.

This years' Compiegne Champion of the World 2006 - 7 & 8 year olds - is a
part Shagya named KEDJARI DES SERRES, an Arabian/Shagya cross, who is sired by the Persik son, Persicko, and out of the Shagya mare, Nedjari VIII 7304 (a Nedjari VIII daughter)

In the United States, SMR GARCON  is a part-Shagya Arabian who finished in 3rd place at thisyears' Tevis Cup, then turned around two weeks later and won the Eastern High Sierra Classic.

SMR FAYETTE DE CAMEO, sister to SMR GARCON,  won the Tevis cup in 2002, and won the coveted Haggin Cup in 2001.  She is also a part-Shagya Arabian.  He has attempted 7 rides, with six completions, with all of those completions in the top ten and one Best Condition.

The black purebred Shagya stallion JANOS (AERC#:H38047) is the first known Shagya stallion in USA to complete a 100-mile ride.  He finished 14th at this years' Fort Howes FEI ride.  This is his second season competing and has 15 completions for 15 starts, and one Best Condition

These are but a few of the great Shagya horses who are competing and proving themselves as world class endurance athletes.

I would like to invite all who are interested in the Shagya horse to come to our 2006 North American Shagya Inspection Tour.  The tour runs from September 22 through September 30, 2006.  We will have plenty of people available to answer questions, and will give you a chance to see these wonderful horses up close and personal.

One of our judges will be Tamas Rombauer, who is the director for the Babolna State Stud, in Hungary.  Our other international judge is Dr Walter Huber, from Germany.  Our third judge is Kathy Richkind, from New Mexico.

The inspection site schedule can be found on the website at www.shagya.net , but here is the general rundown of locations:

September 22, 2006 - Northeast Inspection, Danby, VT
September 24, 2006 - Northwest Inspection, Chelan, WA
September 26, 2006 - Northwest Inspection, Moiese, MT
September 28, 2006 - Southwest Inspection, Ontario, CA
September 29, 2006 - Southwest Inspection, Sacramento, CA
September 30, 2006 - Midwest Inspection, Noble, IL

Katherine Voyer
Oak Knoll Sporthorses
Home of *KS Rubin