Angie

Breaking News

Official Celebration News Release
Sunday, September 03, 2006
For immediate release

The decision to cancel the final class of the 2006
Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration was based
upon the best information available to show management
from the inspection area and from law enforcement
officials.

Tennessee Highway Patrol officers informed Celebration
officials that they were confident they could protect
the safety of the people working in the inspection
area but did not have the manpower available to assure
the health and safety of the 26,000 spectators,
exhibitors and horses.

When show officials entered the warm-up area to check
if the three entries eligible for the class were going
to show, they were unable to reach the horses.  They
were almost immediately confronted by a crowd of
approximately 150 people who demanded that all horses
be allowed to show and were told that the three
entries eligible to show would not be going into the
ring.

As the crowd continued to build, law enforcement
officers escorted the show officials from the warm-up
area and took them to the Celebration Administrative
offices and the announcement was made that the class
would not take place.

The Celebration deeply regrets having to cancel our
World Grand Championship class for the first time in
68 years but we were unwilling to compromise the
health and safety of our fans, horses, personnel and
exhibitors.

We extend our deepest sympathy to all of those
affected by this difficult decision and thank you for
your continued support of our show during this most
challenging season for the entire industry.