Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:09 PM
Subject: FW: [RC] help with trail shy gelding

I had a serious spooker for 16 years, and I never did get him over it.  He was also famous for the ?ol spook sideways 8 feet, whirl, and bolt? maneuver!  He was ridden a lot, too?5 plus times a week, year round, in many, many situations and never got over this habit.  He, too, was great on extreme trails?never tripped and could fly like a deer over anything.  He only got me off a few times, but I sure developed a good seat with him!  I don?t want to ride horses like that anymore, though.  I?m with Barbara on that!