[RC] [RC] Horse Abuse - and not - rides2far - paradigm

I was there at Celebration.  There was no danger of any riots.  The only
class canceled was the last one.  Of course, that's the one that crowns
the World Grand Champion.  7 of the 10 entrants were pulled.  The
remaining three refused to show.

I just don't get it.  If I had one of those three "sound" horses I would
be in there showing.  Nothing will change unless those who show sound can
actually show!  The trainers association has a lawsuit pending that they
claim will "clarify" the rules on scaring and soreing.

An interesting side note that went missed by many:

There were two seperate incidents in which horses that had passed
inspection were led into the ring only to fall over as if they were dead.
No kidding! One was in a harness class and the other in a big lick class.
The harness horse laid there for about 10 minutes not moving.  The organ
player kept playing music and the other competitors lined up along the far
side and waited.  After a while the horse popped right up like nothing
happened.  In the case of the big lick horse, after laying on the ground
for a while he got back up, finished the competition and collected a
ribbon!!  Can anyone say "drug test"??

Things that make you go hhhmmmmm.......

-E-

PS:  It was encouraging to me to see so many entrants in the western
pleasure and english equitation classes.  It should be remembered that
these classes are not caught up in the abuse controversy.  If things are
to change in the TWH industry, these competitors need to lead the charge.