From: heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 2:09 PM
To: Bob Morris
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; kimfue@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] WEG -- the USA team

Bob, this is what some of us have been trying to get across for years.  Even those of us who do NOT ride FEI are impacted by what happens there.  As AERC, we can either stick our heads in the sands and disassociate ourselves, to our eventual detriment, or we can become an active and proactive part of what USEF does, thereby having SOME impact (realizing that we aren't the only country in the world, by a long shot) on FEI.

All the stuff about who votes and who doesn't vote is a smokescreen--those who are participating at high levels are a part of AERC, and their input is heard and felt.  We can be provincial and ignore them, or we can have some positive input as to what they say on our behalf.

Heidi

Kim:

You state "Either we cut the tie to USEF and have them stand
behind the choices they make OR we become more involved so
we actually have a say in the decisions made.  It is crazy
to be the fall guy for USEF decisions in which AERC has no
say."

AERC Vision Statement To be the preeminent authority and
leader in developing and promoting the sport and pastime of
endurance riding in the United States, Canada, and
throughout the world.

Considering the above vision statement taken from the AERC
web pages, I believe that the AERC is fully involved, to the
point where it cannot withdraw from the international scene
honorably.

What does need to be done, is for the AERC Board and
Membership to honestly and wholeheartedly endorse that
vision statement and bring it to fruit.

To make a vision statement such as above, and to then "just
let it lay" as has and is happening is a great disservice to
the sport and the competitors. I ask simply, when is the
AERC going to take the USEF mandate to heart and be the
leader of endurance in the USA? When is the AERC going to
transfer from being a follower to being a leader ? The AERC
must be the controlling organization, in the United States,
regulating Endurance Competition. The AERC must be telling
the USEF, our International representative, how we expect
things to occur. We must tell, not ask!

If the USEF does not appreciate our position, then let them
so tell us who will control endurance competition in the
USA. The USEF must have the support of a national entity to
govern endurance competition, they cannot do it in house.
The AERC is in a controlling position if our leaders(?)
desire. If they do not care to live the vision statement we
have several choices. One, live with the status quo. Two,
change leadership to those who have the desire. Three, sever
relations and let the USEF try to go it with out the
AERC/USEF symbiotic relationship.

Want to bet what is done?

Bob

Bob Morris