Re: [RC] TADRA -Frigid Digit & Moon Me - Susan

My main concern is what led the SD to not sanction EITHER ride Maria manages.  There was apparently a problem with Moon Me but nothing has been said about Frigid Digit yet that ride has not been re-sanctioned either.  Was that the SD or TADRA?  I ask because both rides are linked in every message.

What bothers me is the fact there was a problem of trail marking at MM (although only a few riders experienced a real problem, it seems) and the SD won't re-sanction the ride unless Maria jumps through an unnamed hoop.  How many rides have any of us attended where the trail marking was less than perfect (I'm thinking of a HUGE ride this summer that was barely marked) yet the SD re-sanctions that ride year after year?  There are rides in the Central Region where mileage was an issue or marking was an issue yet the SD didn't address the problem with her authority as SD.  Riders (which sometime included the then SD) addressed the issue and helped the RM correct the problem.

So NOW will it be if a ride has a problem the current SD will hold sanctioning over the RM's head?  I certainly hope not; there won't be many rides left in the Central Region for the simple fact most RM are like Maria and won't tolerate the offense!

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)