[RC] CTR and endurance - Lysane Cree

Hi,

I am wondering if some of you can give me some explanations about why the differences in endurance and ctr exist, especially in terms of leg protection allowed. For example, in endurance, all sorts of leg protection is allowed as are all types of hoof boots. In CTR, the rules can vary among different organizations, but leg protection is often penalized and hoof boots that go above the coronet can also be penalized (permitted, but penalized). Now why is this exactly?  Some organizations also penalize any lesions acquired on trail such as scratches, scrapes, etc.
If I understand correctly the link is there between the two because if you are penalizing for trail lesions, then a horse with boots above the coronet could be better protected than a horse in plain shoes and so the horse in plain shoes might be at a disadvantage in terms of that.

I guess I don't understand the reasoning behind it - whether it is a question of "horsemanship" or "horse ability" ....it is to say that a horse that gets a scrape on trail is less capable than another?
Help.

Lysane