[RC] Out of the Box-into the Team - Tom Sites

This whole Team idea sounds really, really cool and i missed it in the AERC Newsletter and wish the entire concept much success.  The one suggestion i would offer is to Market it like a Winner and that does not take a lot, but a lot by a few.  Years ago at the OD i raffled off a horse and thought that since we are gonna raffle off a horse why don't we raffle off 100 prizes.  Henry Mulbauher won and gave the horse  to Dixie Englehauf and she named him Zachariah, and there were 99 other prizes given away that year.  I went around town and got canoe trips, pizzas and all kind of stuff local businesses donated.  Now when Jody, Joni and Marie won the Team at the OD i don't know what they got because i was tird and went home and had had enough fun for the day, but if the Teams get enough good prizes they will come back and make it something worth entering.  Make this a National Thing and get National Sponsors and make it a Big Deal and it will become a Big Deal.  It is a neat concept if you've ever done it with lots of shared fun...ts