Re: [RC] '06 TWH Celebration - SHUT DOWN - JANUSTUDIO

In a message dated 8/26/2006 6:38:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tichenor06@xxxxxxxxx writes:

If anybody has never been to that type of show, they should go and have a CLOSE and very good look as to the goings on, and the horses.

Growing up my sister and I had plantation walking horses, it was the horse to have... Anyway we mostly trail rode and our parents took us to the local Sat. night horse shows.  We didn't mustard or sore or chain our horses but at one point we did board our horses at a TWH show barn.  Oh the torture that those poor creatures endured.  And it got worse over the years until I couldn't work at or even attend any of the shows that our local horse club sponsored.  Finally quite the club altogether when I went over to Arabs.  A friend of ours was still involved with the showing (a Stewart, no less) and tried to get me to have a booth at the big show in TN. He brought me a Voice magazine so I could get an idea of what they are looking for. (I'm an artist).  I couldn't believe what I was looking at!  My God!  And these horses were supposed to be showing on talent alone.  How big a fool are we anyway? The magazine went into the trash with my stomach turning.
I'm glad to hear that finally, someone took it upon themselves to shut down that venue.
Watching those classes, with those horses going in an ungodly fashion, with the crowd cheering them on, reminded me of what it must have been like when the masses where torn apart by lions in the coliseum... Humans can be a vicious lot, sad to say.

Janice ~ glad to be far away from it, enjoying my time on the trail with my partner carrying me into the wind of freedom!  On happy feet!  Sometimes too happy...<g>