[RC] The WEG afterthoughts - Tom Sites

Would it be fair to say that in the realm of Victory or Defeat  we were lacking?  By not finishing a Team we may have even got our Asses Kicked.  Its never a good sign to take anything away from the Team that went because not everything is known behind the scenes and we had what i thought was a real good USA Team.   It used to be at a VC the USA Team would blanket and the rest would say..."the USA is blanketing the horses...Blanket the Horse"  "The USA is Electrolyting the Horse....Electrolyte the Horse"  Well BabyCakes those days are done and we have to wonder Why??  We never changed, and they did, and they are doing it better.  I personally think it gratifying,we the USA get to eat some poo-poo for a while as overall we are not viewed very well in the world today, and we did it to ourselves and continue to do so.

Look at the Team Gold French Team...Tiny Hineys and young bodies under 165 lbs w/ tack and i bet the only time they take an aspirin is after a hard nite at the Disco.   Look at the Silver Team from Switzerland....No Heavyweights there either...Lean racing machines of youthful vigor.

I just got back from a trip to Long Island and noticed all the gas stations, convience stores and motels run by the Indian
 and Ethnics.  Its just like here in Luray.  Is it true their nations set them up to purchase here in the USA??  Is it true the nations are subsidizing the Endurance Teams of the World and here we are trying to pay our own way and w/o travel it costs us 10K$ for the process.  OUR PROCESS IS FLAWED.  Those tiney hineys that rode for those Nations did not pay their bills i'd bet.  Those tiney hineys did not profit from the sale of those horses i'd bet. The thrill of the ride is enough for youngsters.  Its the older people who provide the horses for the youngsters to ride.

The US has its best shot in 2010 in Kentucky and has never lost here in the USA and if it does its the Swan Song down the Swanee.  The first 3 horses at the WEG only started in 2004 0r 2005.  Its just like John Crandall winning the OD and the Tevis on a horse w/ 450 total miles.  He would NEVER have been picked for a Team here in the USA because of the minimum mileage, but show me a maximum mileage horse winning those 2 events.  OUR SELECTION PROCESS IS FLAWED.  I don't think i can say it any other way.  But thats just my opinion from a has been w/ a Gold Medal won paradoxically in Germany.  ts