Re: [RC] Stumbling horse - Sky Ranch

I'm wondering about that also.  Although his toes are not long, the farrier is squaring off his hind hooves and not shortening the front.  I'm wondering if his breakover is too slow in front?

Carla
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Stumbling horse

Sky Ranch wrote:

At a ctr ride this past weekend, my horse was stumbling - a LOT.  He almost went to his knees twice.

He had his shoes reset about a week and a half before the ride, by the same farrier I've used for over a year.

I had that same problem with a horse a few years ago, until I changed farriers!!!!  I had used the same one for years, too.  A different farrier made all the difference in the world for this horse.

Amber

Checked by AVG Free Edition.