[RC] Rider Drugs/Quality of LIfe - frank solano

In a message dated 8/25/2006 12:35:05 AM Mountain Standard Time, tiffshorse@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I don't intend to stop living and succumb to constant pain. I refuse to give in and become an invalid , I am going to live my life to the fullest. I hope Kat and the rest of you never need the drugs I do to just feel normal-it's easy to skewer someone for taking prescribed drugs when you don't walk in their shoes.
Dear Tiffany,

    I completely understand your perspective.

    I admire the will it takes to "not go quietly into that good night", though, in my opinion, there's little "good" in that "good night".

    I say, do what you have to do to have a Quality of Life that you can live with.  When the Quality starts to ebb, I lower my expectations but do whatever I need to to keep being "me".

    Sometimes, I think those who truly become "invalid" are the ones who do not remain "valid" to themselves, and allow others to dictate the nature of the struggle to remain so.

Good Luck to You in ALL your endeavors,
   Frank